Arm Lift and Thigh Lift Surgery
Are you considering an arm lift or thigh lift procedure?
There are women who struggle with excessive fat ‚storage‘ in certain parts of their bodies. The fat tissue layer is significantly higher; very often, there is a hormonal and metabolic cause of such accumulation of fat tissue, and it is possible to track down its hereditary character. At an older age or after a significant weight loss, loosening of skin might also occur.
The most affected parts of the body are the inner thighs and the inner side of the arms. Pressed on by the expanding fat tissue, the elastic fibers under the surface layers of the skin are torn, thus forming cracks in the fiber skin layer (stretch marks). The affected skin gets even looser, enabling formation of excess‘ of the skin.
This imperfection can be dealt with by an operation. If a woman comes while the skin is still sufficiently flexible, it is very often possible to remove the excessive fat by a liposuction. In such case, the skin is able to adapt to the new size. If the operation is done carefully, the skin can mostly connect to its bottom layer without any obvious roughness remaining on its surface.
Nevertheless, if the skin already lacks the elasticity and is significantly loose, the liposuction is not recommended. The skin does not have its original ability to adapt to reduced size of the fat tissue, and the healing process might bring up formation of obvious bumps, dimples and folds.
In such cases, it is recommended to remove not only the excessive fat tissue, but also a relevant amount of the excessive skin. There are more extensive scars after this operation, but it is the only possible way to give the body the desired shapes (given the above mentioned diagnosis). The scars fade in time and become less obvious. Their final look differs case by case.
Making arrangements for a thigh or arm surgery
- The first step is to contact our Clinic and we will reply within 24 hours. Then, if possible, it is helpful to send the photos of the body parts in question for the plastic surgeon to evaluate them. We respect every client’s privacy, therefore we ensure that the photos are always delivered straight to the plastic surgeon. The very first consultation with the plastic surgeon can happen via e-mail.
The photos can be sent in the following ways:
a. using our contact form placed on our website
b. posting them to the Clinic - Rumunska 22, Prague 2, 120 00, Czech Republic
c. sending an MMS direct to the plastic surgeon’s phone +420 608 703 150.
After receiving your photos and getting the plastic surgeon’s recommendation, we are able to give you the first available date of the operation or to confirm the date of your preference.
Every client then receives (via email) detailed instructions and information about the particular plastic surgery operation, needed for planning.
- It is recommended to get the pre-operative examination at the client’s local clinic, with the patient’s GP. The Pre-operative Evaluation Form is sent to the client via e-mail. If necessary, the examination can be done at our Clinic here in Prague.
- Good planning includes: making allowances for time off work (usually 2-3 weeks depending on the operation and the nature of the client’s job); making arrangements with the client’s family to provide support and help in the recovery period (avoiding physically demanding jobs, important social events etc.); if needed (and possible), arranging for children care.
- A deposit of €300 is required one month prior to your scheduled operation date, sent together with the confirmation of your reservation. The account number shall be sent to you via e-mail. In the event of a sudden illness or unavoidable problem, your operation date can be re-booked for a more convenient time.
- One month prior the operation, do not use any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid (such as Acylpyrin, Aspirin, Alnagon, Mironal etc.). It might increase bleeding during and after the plastic surgery.
- It is assumed that no acute illnesses have occurred in the period of at least 3 weeks prior to the planned plastic operation (a viral illness, a cold etc.). If so, it is necessary to inform the plastic surgeon.
- It is essential to remember to drink enough water (2-3 liters a day for min. 3 days prior to the operation) and to rest well the night before the operation. Nevertheless, no alcohol may be consumed the night before the operation and for six hours before the operation, do not drink, eat or smoke.
- Wash your hair the day before the operation and do not put any facial lotion or make-up on the day of the plastic surgery. Any jewelry, including earrings, should not be worn.
- The clients staying in the suites arranged for by our Clinic enjoy the benefit of having their plastic surgeon in-house, as the Chief surgeon’s consultation office is in the same building as the suites, and the Clinic itself is within 50 m distance.
Arm lift and thigh lift surgery - the operation
Prior to the operation, the surgeon performs an exact measuring of the excessive skin and draws its layout. The operation is performed under general anaesthesia.
The incisions are led along the drawn outline, the excessive skin is removed and if needed, the excessive fat tissue is removed as well. After the removal of the excessive skin from the inner side of the arms, the scar leads length-wise along the mentioned area.
Immediately after the operation, the areas operated on are compressed by elastic wear. The patient stays in the hospital overnight. An IV infusion of liquids is applied after the operation. The following morning, after the first post-operation dressing, the patient is allowed to go home (or to the arranged accommodation). We do not recommend using the public transportation of any kind, it is good to arrange to get a lift, preferably accompanied by somebody.
It needs to be noted that more or less extensive subcutaneous bruising (accompanied by aching and temporary loss of sensitivity) in the areas operated on is part of the usual post-operation process. The skin sensitivity will come back in a few weeks.
All the suture used is self-absorbent. For 2-3 weeks after the operation, it is recommended to take the compress wear off only when necessary. To achieve smooth and soft scars, it is necessary to start applying press massage 2 weeks after the operation (given that the wound has healed without complications), several times a day, as instructed by the surgeon. It is good to continue doing so for 6-8 weeks and for all this time, it is also recommended to use elastic wear, especially in the daytime when we are usually physically more active. In 3 months after the operation, the patient comes for the last check.
The result of the operation is long-lasting and if there is no significant change of the patient’s weight, it is not necessary to perform another operation later on. The convalescence is an individual process and it depends not only on the given healing abilities of each individual, but it is also affected by the discipline of each patient, on their abiding the post-operation recommendations. Smoking significantly slows down the healing process. Until fully recovered, patients are not recommended to smoke, for there would be a much higher risk of experiencing complications.
THE PRICE OF THE OPERATION INCLUDES
- transportation from and to the airport with our driver
- personal consultation with the plastic surgeon
- the actual operation under general anaesthesia
- stay at the Clinic for min. 24-48 hours
- all necessary medications and dressing material in the pre- and post- operative period
- elastic wear
- all the post-operative care (consultation, changing bandages, check-ups)