Rhinoplasty - Nose Surgery
Are you considering a rhinoplasty procedure?
Nose surgery, also known as rhinoplasty, is one of the most exacting operations done with plastic surgery. The nose, being the focus of the face, is very sensitive to perceptions by the patient as well as other people. Its re-shaping, reduction or increase in size frequently changes the general expression of the face. The surgery may also improve problems with nasal function, such as breathing, aesthetic function and it can have a big influence on the patient’s self-confidence.
The rhinoplasty operation can alter the size, shape and length of the nose. The scars are usually internal and therefore not visible.
The optimal age for rhinoplasty is between 18 to 45 years of age.
Making arrangements for a rhinoplasty procedure
- The first step, is to contact our Clinic and we will reply within 24 hours. Then, if possible, it is helpful to send the photos of the body parts in question for the plastic surgeon to evaluate them. We respect every client´s privacy, therefore we ensure that the photos are always delivered straight to the plastic surgeon. Thus, the very first consultation with the plastic surgeon can happen via e-mail.
The photos can be sent in the following ways:
a. using our contact form placed on our website link
b.mailing them to the Clinic -- Rumunska 22, Praha 2, 120 00, CZ
c.sending an MMS direct to the plastic surgeon’s phone +420 608 703 150.
After receiving your photos and getting the plastic surgeon’s recommendation, we are able to give you the first available date of the operation or to confirm the date of your preference.
Every client then receives (via email) detailed instructions and information about the particular plastic surgery operation, needed for planning.
- It is recommended to get the pre-operative examination at the client’s local clinic, with the patient’s GP. The Pre-operative Evaluation Form is sent to the client via e-mail. If necessary, the examination can be done at our Clinic here in Prague.
- Good planning includes: making allowances for time off work (usually 2-3 weeks depending on the operation and the nature of the client’s job); making arrangements with the client’s family to provide support and help in the recovery period (avoiding physically demanding jobs, important social events etc.); if needed (and possible), arranging for children care.
- A deposit of €300 is required one month prior to your scheduled operation date, sent together with the confirmation of your reservation. The account number shall be sent to you via e-mail. In the event of a sudden illness or unavoidable problem, your operation date can be re-booked for a more convenient time.
- One month prior the operation, do not use any medications containing acetylsalicyclic acid (such as Acylpyrin, Aspirin, Alnagon, Mironal etc.). It might increase bleeding during and after the plastic surgery.
- It is assumed that no acute illnesses have occurred in the period of at least 3 weeks prior to the planned plastic operation (a viral illness, a cold etc.). If so, it is necessary to inform the plastic surgeon.
- It is essential to remember to drink enough water (2-3 litres a day for min. three days prior to the operation) and to rest well the night before the operation. Nevertheless, no alcohol may be consumed the night before the operation and for six hours before the operation, do not drink, eat or smoke.
During the process of the operation, you will receive antibiotics. Therefore we highly recommend that right after the operation, you start consuming certain dairy products (e.g. Actimel yoghurt milk and others containing life yoghurt culture).
- Wash your hair the day before the operation and do not put any facial lotion or make-up on the day of the plastic surgery. Any jewelry, including earrings, should not be worn.
- The clients staying in the suites arranged for by our Clinic enjoy the benefit of having their plastic surgeon in-house, as the Chief surgeon’s consultation office is in the same building as the suites, and the Clinic itself is within 50 m distance.
Nose surgery - the operation
The operation is carried out under a general anaesthetic and takes approximately 2 hours. It is done by an internal method, through the nostrils. The soft parts of the nose, cartilage and bones, are loosened and re-shaped. The surgery is completed with the adhesive tapes and splint to the nose with nasal tampons inserted into the nostrils. It is important to drink more frequently, as the patient must breathe through the mouth and the mouth mucosa gets dry quickly.
After the nose job procedure
The patient stays in hospital over night and wears a splint over the nose. The nostrils should be kept clean. Swelling and bruises are to be expected around the eyes and on the cheeks. It is advisable to apply cold compresses. Our Clinic provides special anti-swelling medication and lotion. Until your state of health is stabilized, our medical staff will check on you every day after the operation, to ensure your healing is going well.
One week after the operation, the splint will be removed to clean the skin and then re-adjusted to fit well. Finally, the splint is removed on the 10th to 14th day after the surgery. However, for another 14 days, the patient should apply the splint at night (to protect the nose from any possible injury and to minimize the swelling).
After 3 to 4 weeks, the patient can start applying a special pressure massage as demonstrated by the surgeon.
Full physical load and activity are permitted only after 1 to 2 months. The patient needs to avoid any injury of the nose (contact sports, extreme temperature, or sun exposure). It is recommended not to go to sauna or steam room for several months.
The final desired shape of the nose shall be achieved only after approximately 6 to 12 months.
THE PRICE OF THE OPERATION INCLUDES
- transportation from and to the airport with our driver
- personal consultation with the plastic surgeon
- the actual operation under general anaesthesia
- stay at the Clinic for min. 24-48 hours
- all necessary medications and dressing material in the pre- and post- operative period
- all the post-operative care (consultation, changing bandages, check-ups)