Are you considering a liposuction procedure?
Everyone seems to have an area where fat loves to deposit. Liposuction removes unwanted fat deposits from specific areas of the body. Most people choose to undergo this plastic surgery for the following reasons: ‘stubborn’ areas of fat resistant to diet and exercise; a disproportionate figure – evident in women who are particularly pear-shaped and tend to store fat in the hip area, or men with noticeable ‘breasts’ or ´love handles´– all cases giving rise to a lack of self-confidence and embarrassment; a motivation for a more controlled eating or exercise regime.
The ideal candidate for liposuction is at, or slightly below their target weight. Liposuction must not be thought of as an operation to lose weight. However, by targeting specific well-defined deposits of fat, clothes will fit better and the figure is more in proportion.
The optimal age for liposuction is 18-45 years of age, as the contractility and elasticity of the skin are vital for successful surgery. However, even with older patients, liposuction may be done with very good results in terms of reducing the fatty tissue volume, but the risk of small subcutaneous uneven patches increases. It is ideal to maintain a constant body weight for 3 months before the surgery.
There is a possibility of bruising and swelling to the areas treated and the results may take couple of weeks to disappear. It is advisable to take 1-2 weeks off work, depending on the nature of the job.
Making arrangements for a liposuction procedure
- The first step, is to contact our Clinic and we will reply within 24 hours. Then, if possible, it is helpful to send the photos of the body parts in question for the plastic surgeon to evaluate them. We respect every client´s privacy, therefore we ensure that the photos are always delivered straight to the plastic surgeon. Thus, the very first consultation with the plastic surgeon can happen via e-mail.
The photos can be sent in the following ways:
a. using our contact form placed on our website
b. sending us an e-mail and attaching a couple of photos for medical assessment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
c. mailing them to the Clinic - Rumunska 22, Prague 2, 120 00, Czech Republic
d. sending an MMS direct to the plastic surgeon’s phone +420 608 703 150.
After receiving your photos and getting the plastic surgeon’s recommendation, we are able to give you most accurate medical assessment of our plastic surgeons and details of your indication, offer the first available date of the operation or to confirm the date of your preference.
Every client then receives (via email) detailed instructions and information about the particular plastic surgery operation, needed for planning.
- It is recommended to get the pre-operative examination at the client’s local clinic, with the patient’s GP. The Pre-operative Evaluation Form is sent to the client via e-mail. If necessary, the examination can be done at our Clinic here in Prague.
- Good planning includes: making allowances for time off work (usually 2-3 weeks depending on the operation and the nature of the client’s job); making arrangements with the client’s family to provide support and help in the recovery period (avoiding physically demanding jobs, important social events etc.); if needed (and possible), arranging for children care.
- A deposit of €300 is required one month prior to your scheduled operation date, sent together with the confirmation of your reservation. The account number shall be sent to you via e-mail. In the event of a sudden illness or unavoidable problem, your operation date can be re-booked for a more convenient time.
- One month prior the operation, do not use any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid (such as Acylpyrin, Aspirin, Alnagon, Mironal etc.). It might increase bleeding during and after the plastic surgery.
- It is assumed that no acute illnesses have occurred in the period of at least 3 weeks prior to the planned plastic operation (a viral illness, a cold etc.). If so, it is necessary to inform the plastic surgeon.
- It is essential to remember to drink enough water (2-3 liters a day for min. 3 days prior to the operation) and to rest well the night before the operation. Nevertheless, no alcohol may be consumed the night before the operation and for ten hours before the operation, do not drink, eat or smoke.
- Wash your hair the day before the operation and do not put any facial lotion or make-up on the day of the plastic surgery. Any jewellery, including earrings, should not be worn.
- The clients staying in the suites arranged for by our Clinic enjoy the benefit of having their plastic surgeon in-house, as the Chief surgeon’s consultation office is in the same building as the suites, and the Clinic itself is within 50 m distance.
Liposuction - the operation
The operation is performed under a general anesthetic and takes approx. 1-2 hours. Before the operation, the surgeon measures the amount of fat deposits and marks the areas on the patient’s skin with a pen. A very small incision (4-6mm) is used to insert the cannula to extract the fat and sometimes this is closed with a stitch. After the surgery, the patient is dressed in elastic compressive garments provided by our Clinic & are included in the price of operation.
After the liposuction procedure
Patients stay in hospital overnight and resting is recommended for 3-4 days after the operation. For multiple areas, bruising may be very extensive and there will be some pain and discomfort. Any walking should be restricted to inevitable needs at first, gradually it is possible to do more and in about 4 weeks after the surgery, full physical activity might be resumed. Until your state of health stabilized, our medical staff will check on you every day after the operation, to ensure your healing is going well. Patients should keep the elastic garments on for 3 days after the surgery.
On the 4th day, these can be removed for max 30 min to take a shower. During the first month after the surgery, the elastic garments can be taken off only for the time needed for personal hygiene and care. Stitches are removed on the 7-10th day after the surgery. Massages of the operated locations should be performed with a roller several times a day; the technique will be presented in hospital during the removal of the stitches.
THE PRICE OF THE OPERATION INCLUDES
- the clients are kindly requested to arrange their own transport upon arrival, we shall be pleased to organize the pick-up service upon departure after the surgery – clinic driver is available to help you with the luggage and give you a lift to the airport or bus/train station when departing (you will be picked up in the clinic suit or at the hotel reception)
- we are ready to cover transportation fees from the airport or bus station (clients arrange their own transport upon arrival) and we will arrange for our own transport (clinic driver available) upon departure back to the airport or bus/train station
- the actual operation under general anesthesia
- stay at the Clinic for min. 24 hours
- all necessary medications and dressing material in the pre- and post- operative period
- elastic wear
- all the post-operative care (consultation, changing bandages, check-ups)