Are you considering a breast lift procedure?
Women’s bosom has always been a symbol of beauty and womanliness. The shape, symmetry and size of the breasts naturally affect a woman’s psyche if a deviation occurs in her opinion or in the opinion of others. Most patients choose to undergo Mastopexy, in other words bosom modeling, for the following reasons : the breasts are no longer firm and pert, making it difficult to wear clothes without the support of a bra; following pregnancy and breast feeding, the breast becomes flatter and ‘empty’ looking; substantial weight loss from dieting can leave the breast much flatter and with a lot of loose skin; ageing skin loses elasticity and can cause sagging to the breasts. If this happens prematurely it may reduce self-confidence both in and out of clothes.
Mastopexy offers solutions to all the above mentioned situations. It brings about very good visual results, however, scars will be present as they are necessary for the reduction of excess skin but they will grow pale and gradually disappear, becoming less conspicuous.
The optimal age limit for Mastopexy varies. Generally, it is done after the development of the mammary glands has been completed.
Making arrangements for a breast lift procedure
- The first step, is to contact our Clinic and we will reply within 24 hours. Then, if possible, it is helpful to send the photos of the body parts in question for the plastic surgeon to evaluate them. We respect every client´s privacy; therefore we ensure that the photos are always delivered straight to the plastic surgeon. Thus, the very first consultation with the plastic surgeon can happen via e-mail.
The photos can be sent in the following ways:
a. using our contact form placed on our website
b. sending us an e-mail and attaching a couple of photos for medical assessment to: email@example.com
c. mailing them to the Clinic - Rumunska 22, Prague 2, 120 00, Czech Republic
d. sending an MMS direct to the plastic surgeon’s phone +420 608 703 150.
After receiving your photos and getting the plastic surgeon’s recommendation, we are able to give you most accurate medical assessment of our plastic surgeons and details of your indication, offer the first available date of the operation or to confirm the date of your preference.
Every client then receives (via email) detailed instructions and information about the particular plastic surgery operation, needed for planning.
- It is recommended to get the pre-operative examination at the client’s local clinic, with the patient’s GP. The Pre-operative Evaluation Form is sent to the client via e-mail. If necessary, the examination can be done at our Clinic here in Prague.
- Good planning includes: making allowances for time off work (usually 2-3 weeks depending on the operation and the nature of the client’s job); making arrangements with the client’s family to provide support and help in the recovery period (avoiding physically demanding jobs, important social events etc.); if needed (and possible), arranging for children care.
- A deposit of €300 is required one month prior to your scheduled operation date, sent together with the confirmation of your reservation. The account number shall be sent to you via e-mail. In the event of a sudden illness or unavoidable problem, your operation date can be re-booked for a more convenient time.
- One month prior the operation, do not use any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid (such as Acylpyrin, Aspirin, Alnagon, Mironal etc.). It might increase bleeding during and after the plastic surgery.
- It is assumed that no acute illnesses have occurred in the period of at least 3 weeks prior to the planned plastic operation (a viral illness, a cold etc.). If so, it is necessary to inform the plastic surgeon.
- It is essential to remember to drink enough water (2-3 liters a day for min. 3 days prior to the operation) and to rest well the night before the operation. Nevertheless, no alcohol may be consumed the night before the operation and for ten hours before the operation, do not drink, eat or smoke.
- Wash your hair the day before the operation and do not put any facial lotion or make-up on the day of the plastic surgery. Any jewellery, including earrings, should not be worn.
- The clients staying in the suites arranged for by our Clinic enjoy the benefit of having their plastic surgeon in-house, as the Chief surgeon’s consultation office is in the same building as the suites, and the Clinic itself is within 50 m distance.
Mastopexy - the operation
To achieve the ‘lift’ that is required from this operation, the loose skin is removed whilst at the same time, the nipple is repositioned centrally on the new, now firmer breast. If there is only a small amount of breast tissue present, implants can be inserted during the surgery to improve size at the same time.
Mastopexy is always performed under a general anesthesia and takes approximately 2 hours. Following the surgery you will have stitches (these are always self-absorbent) in place, covered with a dressing and a sports bra which will be provided by our Clinic.
After the breast uplift procedure
After Mastopexy, patients stay at the clinic overnight and are usually released the next day, provided they feel fit enough. Before the patient leaves, the bandages are changed and the drains are removed. Until your state of health is stabilized, our medical staff will check on you every day after the operation at your private accommodation, to ensure your healing is going well.
It is not recommended to wear things that have to be put on over your head, therefore you will be asked to bring a top with buttons or a zipper with you to the clinic because after any breast surgery such movement of arms is not suitable. It is recommended to rest well and to sleep only on the back for 6 weeks after the operation, to avoid physical strain, especially lifting the arms up.
According to your surgeon’s instructions, our special bra and belt (provided by our Clinic) is to be worn 24 hours a day for up to 3 months after the operation.
In 3 to 4 weeks, when the wound has healed as expected, the patient may begin applying the scar pressure massage as demonstrated by medical staff.
The breasts are considered to be stable in a couple of months after the surgery.
It is recommended to get a mammary clinic check up in 6 months after this plastic surgery.
THE PRICE OF THE OPERATION INCLUDES
- the clients are kindly requested to arrange their own transport upon arrival, we shall be pleased to organize the pick-up service upon departure after the surgery – clinic driver is available to help you with the luggage and give you a lift to the airport or bus/train station when departing (you will be picked up in the clinic suit or at the hotel reception)
- personal consultation with the plastic surgeon
- the actual operation under general anesthesia
- stay at the Clinic for min. 24 hours
- all necessary medications and dressing material in the pre- and post- operative period
- elastic wear
- all the post-operative care (consultation, changing bandages, check-ups)
Patient review: Great breast enhancement and post-op care in Prague > more...