Breast Augmentation - Implants
Are you considering a breast enlargement procedure?
Women’s bosom has been a symbol of beauty and womanliness. The shape, symmetry, and size of the breasts will naturally produce a significant effect on a woman’s psyche if a deviation occurs in her opinion or in the opinion of others.
Enlargement of the breasts by inserting implants is a very effective surgery, suitable for women with insufficiently developed breasts or when the mammary gland system is shedding and the skin is slightly loose, as may be the case after breast feeding or significant weight loss.
The optimal age limit for breast augmentation is generally 18 years, after the mammary glands are fully developed. It is recommended that breast augmentation only be performed when a woman does not plan to get pregnant any more, as pregnancy and breast feeding result in changes of volume, producing a negative effect on the outcome of the surgery. The implants do not influence the pregnancy in any way and they will not expose the fetus to any danger. It should be noted that a number of patients were able to breast-feed normally after a breast augmentation. However, complications may occur due to insufficient lactation.
Making arrangements for a breast augmentation procedure
- The first step, is to contact our Clinic and we will reply within 24 hours. Then, if possible, it is helpful to send the photos of the body parts in question for the plastic surgeon to evaluate them. We respect every client´s privacy, therefore we ensure that the photos are always delivered straight to the plastic surgeon. Thus, the very first consultation with the plastic surgeon can happen via e-mail.
The photos can be sent in the following ways:
a. using our contact form placed on our website
b. sending us an e-mail and attaching a couple of photos for medical assessment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
c. mailing them to the Clinic - Rumunska 22, Prague 2, 120 00, Czech Republic
d. sending an MMS direct to the plastic surgeon’s phone +420 608 703 150.
After receiving your photos and getting the plastic surgeon’s recommendation, we are able to give you most accurate medical assessment of our plastic surgeons and details of your indication, offer the first available date of the operation or to confirm the date of your preference.
Every client then receives (via email) detailed instructions and information about the particular plastic surgery operation, needed for planning.
- It is recommended to get the pre-operative examination at the client’s local clinic, with the patient’s GP. The Pre-operative Evaluation Form is sent to the client via e-mail. If necessary, the examination can be done at our Clinic here in Prague.
- Good planning includes: making allowances for time off work (usually 2-3 weeks depending on the operation and the nature of the client’s job); making arrangements with the client’s family to provide support and help in the recovery period (avoiding physically demanding jobs, important social events etc.); if needed (and possible), arranging for children care.
- A deposit of €300 is required one month prior to your scheduled operation date, sent together with the confirmation of your reservation. The account number shall be sent to you via e-mail. In the event of a sudden illness or unavoidable problem, your operation date can be re-booked for a more convenient time.
- One month prior the operation, do not use any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid (such as Acylpyrin, Aspirin, Alnagon, Mironal etc.). It might increase bleeding during and after the plastic surgery.
- It is assumed that no acute illnesses have occurred in the period of at least 3 weeks prior to the planned plastic operation (a viral illness, a cold etc.). If so, it is necessary to inform the plastic surgeon.
- It is essential to remember to drink enough water (2-3 liters a day for min. 3 days prior to the operation) and to rest well the night before the operation. Nevertheless, no alcohol may be consumed the night before the operation and for ten hours before the operation, do not drink, eat or smoke.
- Wash your hair the day before the operation and do not put any facial lotion or make-up on the day of the plastic surgery. Any jewellery, including earrings, should not be worn.
- The clients staying in the suites arranged for by our Clinic enjoy the benefit of having their plastic surgeon in-house, as the Chief surgeon’s consultation office is in the same building as the suites, and the Clinic itself is within 50 m distance.
Breast surgery - the operation
Breast augmentation is performed under general anesthetic and takes approximately 1-1,5 hours. An incision, approximately 4 to 5cm long, may be made in the crease of the underside of the breast, the armpit or lower edge of the areola. Most commonly, this will be in the crease of the breast; however, your surgeon will advise you on the most appropriate area for yourself.
Once the incision is made, the surgeon will create a pocket for the implant to lie in. This may be either beneath the muscle or beneath the breast tissue. Your size and shape will determine the outcome of the position of the implant and will be discussed fully at consultation with the surgeon. Following the surgery you will have stitches (these will be dissolvable) in place, covered with a dressing and a sports bra which will be provided by our Clinic.
In our Clinic, we use silicone implants by Polytech SILIMED, the best implants recently available in the market. We have had a very good experience with these.
At the present time, two basic implants are available, round or drop-shaped (in a full range of shapes and volumes). The implants may be inserted using three different techniques – the incision can be made in the axilla, around the areola or under the breast. A booklet entitled “Breast Implants”, produced by the Department of Health, is available from your clinic to accompany this information leaflet, and provides a full understanding of your breast implants.
After the breast enlargement procedure
Until your state of health stabilized, our medical staff will check on you every day after the operation, to ensure your healing is going well.
After this plastic surgery, patients stay at the clinic overnight and are usually released the next day, provided they feel fit enough. Before the patient leaves, the bandages are changed and the drains are removed. It is necessary to refrain from bathing and showering for the next 3 to 4 days. It is recommended to rest well and to sleep only on the back for 6 weeks after the operation, to avoid physical strain, especially lifting the arms up.
According to your surgeon’s instructions, our special bra and belt (provided by our Clinic) is to be worn 24 hours a day for up to 3 months after the operation.
After the operation, it is necessary to wear a top with buttoning or a zipper.
It is not recommended to wear things that have to be put on over your head. After the breast surgery, such movement of arms is not suitable. For 6 weeks after the operation, sleep on your back, not on the side. In 3 to 4 weeks, supposed the wound has healed as expected, the patient may begin applying the scar pressure massage.
The breasts are considered to be stable in 1-2 months after the surgery.
It is recommended to get a mammary clinic checkup in 6 months after this plastic surgery.
THE PRICE OF THE OPERATION INCLUDES
- the clients are kindly requested to arrange their own transport upon arrival, we shall be pleased to organize the pick-up service upon departure after the surgery – clinic driver is available to help you with the luggage and give you a lift to the airport or bus/train station when departing (you will be picked up in the clinic suit or at the hotel reception)
- personal consultation with the plastic surgeon
- the actual operation under general anesthesia
- stay at the Clinic for min. 24 hours
- all necessary medications and dressing material in the pre- and post- operative period
- elastic wear
- all the post-operative care (consultation, changing bandages, check-ups)