Tummy Tuck - Abdominoplasty
Are you considering a tummy tuck procedure?
Most people choose to undertake the Abdominoplasty surgery, also called tummy tuck, for the following reasons: loose skin on abdomen; stretch marks to abdomen caused by pregnancy or significant weight loss; old scars from previous surgery; inability to wear brief underwear/swimwear due to excess skin/fatty tissue; desire to have a flatter abdomen. Both visual and functional results of the surgery are substantial, although scars are inevitable due to the removal of excessive skin. However, although permanent, the scar will fade with time, its quality differing per individual. Abdominoplasty also stops the slackening process of the abdominal wall.
Specific to Abdominoplasty, the surgeon may suggest that your weight shall be stabilized at least 6 weeks prior to the surgery, as a change in metabolism might bring up unexpected reactions of the body. It is also not advised to plan pregnancy following this operation.
Making arrangements for an abdominoplasty procedure
- The first step, is to contact our Clinic and we will reply within 24 hours. Then if it is possible it would be helpful to send the photos of the body parts in question for the plastic surgeon to evaluate them. We respect every client´s privacy, therefore we ensure that the photographs are always delivered straight to the plastic surgeon. Thus, the very first consultation with the plastic surgeon can happen via e-mail.
The photos can be sent in the following ways:
a. using our contact form placed on our website
b. mailing them to the Clinic Rumunska 22, Praha 2, 120 00, CZ
c. sending an MMS direct to the plastic surgeon’s phone +420 608 703 150
- After receiving your photos and getting the plastic surgeon’s recommendation, we are able to give you the first available date of the operation or to confirm the date of your preference.
- Every client then receives (via email) detailed instructions and information about the particular plastic surgery operation, needed for planning.
- It is recommended to get the pre-operative examination at the client’s local clinic, with his or her GP. The Pre-operative Evaluation Form is sent to the client via e-mail. If this is not possible then this can be done at our Clinic here in Prague.
- Good planning includes: making allowances for time off work (usually 2-3 weeks depending on the operation and the nature of the client’s job); making arrangements with the client’s family to provide support and help in the recovery period (avoiding physically demanding jobs, important social events etc.); if needed (and possible), arranging for child care.
- A deposit of €300 is required one month prior to your scheduled operation date, sent together with the confirmation of your reservation. The account number shall be sent to you via e-mail. In the event of a sudden illness or unavoidable problem then your operation date can be re-booked for a more convienent time.
- One month before the operation, do not use any medications containing acetylsalicyclic acid (such as Acylpyrin, Aspirin, Alnagon, Mironal etc.). As this might increase bleeding during and after the plastic surgery.
- It is assumed that no acute illnesses has occurred in the period of at least 3 weeks prior to the planned plastic operation (a viral illness, a cold etc.). In which case it is necessary to inform the plastic surgeon.
- It is essential to remember to drink enough water (2-3 liters a day for min. three days prior to the operation) and to rest well the night before the operation. Nevertheless, no alcohol may be consumed the night before the operation and for six hours before the operation, do not drink, eat or smoke.
During the process of the operation, you will receive antibiotics. Therefore we highly recommend that right after the operation, you start consuming certain dairy products (e.g. Actimel yoghurt milk and others containing life yoghurt culture).
- Wash your hair the day before the operation and do not put any facial lotion or make-up on the day of the plastic surgery. Any jewelry, including earrings, should not be worn.
- The clients staying in the suites arranged for by our Clinic enjoy the benefit of having their plastic surgeon in-house, as the Chief surgeon’s consultation office is in the same building as the suites, and the Clinic itself is within 50 m distance.
Tummy tuck - the operation
The removal of loose skin and fatty tissue is performed through a large incision extending across the abdomen, usually from hip to hip. The muscles may also be tightened to reinforce the abdominal wall, thus giving a firmer result. The plastic surgeon will inform you of the exact nature of the scars at consultation. This operation will be performed under general anesthesia and will take approximately 2 hours. Most of the stitches are dissolvable; however, stitches around your navel have to be removed 10 days after the surgery. You will wear a support corset provided by our Clinic for 6 weeks (the corset is included in the price of the operation).
After the abdominoplasty procedure
The surgeon will discuss with the client the ideal post-operative recovery procedure, recommending the best care. The Clinic staff will provide the client with information needed and arrange for an appointment to check on the recovery process and to remove stitches (if required).
After getting the Abdominoplasty, patients stay in hospital at least for 24 hours, usually for 2 – 3 days. Until the your state of health stabilized, our medical staff will check on you every day after the operation, to ensure your healing is going well.
It is important to rest considerable after this operation, at least for about a week, when it is also advisable not to put any strain on the lower abdomen. If you need to cough, sneeze or laugh, support your abdomen with your hands as well. Be prepared to sleep only on your back for at least 3 weeks after the Abdominoplasty. Try to avoid constipation by having lots of water and fiber in your diet. The bandage should be changed a week after the operation. It is also advisable to refrain from any strenuous exercise or work for up to 6 weeks – most people can expect to return to a normal sedentary occupation after 3 weeks.
The sensation of skin pulling and altered tenderness in the affected areas are common side effects, and they will disappear in a couple of weeks.
THE PRICE OF THE OPERATION INCLUDES:
- transportation from and to the airport with our driver
- personal consultation with the plastic surgeon
- the actual operation under general anesthesia
- stay at the Clinic for min. 24-48 hours
- all necessary medications and dressing material in the pre- and post- operative period
- all the post-operative care (consultation, changing bandages, check-ups)